Monday, May 7, 2012

New Shower Chair and Improved Transportation

Shower chair came today so I figured I would give it a test run.  Pretty nice actually.  Who would have thought that showering like an 80 year old stroke victim would feel so rewarding?  Beats having to balance on my good leg and make sure i don't slip and fall.  Now, I can relax and focus on getting clean.  Its the little things in life I suppose.

Cast shower cover also came today.  Pretty nice and way better than strapping a garbage bag around my leg.  I think shower-wise I am ready to rock.  Still waiting on my laptop holder...  hope that arrives soon.

I also was able to borrow a wheelchair which will definitely help when leaving the house.  I mean, I should be well into recovery (though not walking) when all the cook outs start.  Would much rather wheel myself around in style than lugging myself around on crutches.  Hopefully by the fourth of July cookouts, I will be walking (read: limping) around.

Other interesting note is that Dad is going to drive Mom and I over to the hospital tomorrow morning.  Though this sounds like a Norman Rockwell picture of Americana, it is a bit interesting as my parents have been divorced for like 25 years.  I am touched to have them both there and transporting back and forth in Dad's big SUV is much more appealing than Mom's smaller car.  This lets me stretch out in the backseat for the ride back to Mom's and once I am up the steps, I should be able to heal with relatively little steps and/or transport for a week.  I am most interested in the first few days and then evaluating from there.

Time to get this surgery behind me and onto the long road to recovery.


No comments:

Post a Comment