Thursday, May 17, 2012

Milestone: 1st Post-Op Doctor's Appointment

This afternoon I head back to my doctor for my first follow-up.  I am under the impression that I will get the cast off, stitches out, and be put into my CAM boot (which apparently stands for Controlled Ankle Motion).  I am also pretty sure that I will be told that there will be no weight put on the foot until week 6 but I should now be able to do some basic exercises for the ankle.  At week 6, I will start PT.

The big highlight in all this is that I will be able to actually see my foot.  I have no idea what the incision looks like (but I keep praying that the incision was made in the shape of a lightning bolt for extra coolness).  I will be sure to put pictures up and gross out some folks.

I have no pain at all now which is awesome but I continue to take it easy.  The last thing I need is to re-injure myself and have to start this over.  That would totally crush my spirits.  I try not to think about that but it helps me keep focus on being patient and taking things slow.  As I keep telling myself: Soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment