Friday, May 11, 2012

My Kryptonite

Being laid up has given me ample time to reflect on things.  For one, I am horribly inflexible in my joints.  I can't help but wonder if that is why when I get hurt, it has something to do with my connective tissue.

My brother even had to poke fun.  When I called him to tell him that I had got hurt, he calmly replied "You know I had heard that children of mothers that smoke during pregnancy often suffer from weak connective tissue..."  For context, I had lived most of my life believing that my mother smoked during my brother's pregnancy (at 18 years old) and not mine (at 27 years old).  It wasn't until I made a joke about at my brother's expense a few years ago that my Mom corrected me...  Burn.

Regardless of its cause, I think I will need to remedy some stretching into my routine more seriously.  Looks like you continue to lose flexibility as you get older and I can't imagine some of my joints getting any more inflexible.


No comments:

Post a Comment