Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I'm Not Him

Rule #436 of Social Etiquette: Never tell someone that they resemble a famous person.

Why?  Because you are projecting all the truths, lies, stigmas, and overall impressions of that famous person onto someone else.  You are also stripping the person of any individuality.  They are now simply a celebrity impersonator...

Over the years, I have gotten compared to a couple celebrities and nearly all of them have pissed me off.

1) The Dell Guy

I still remember it.  I was in college and this little italian kid came up to me at a party.  He stood on his tippy toes to tap me on the shoulder and I find myself staring at some guido I had never seen before in my life.

Guido: "Say it?"
Me: "Say what?"
Guido: "Say it?"
Me: "I have no idea what you are talking about."
Guido: "Say 'Dude you are getting a Dell'."

I am amazed and pissed.  I seriously considered punching him in the face but decided to just walk away.  This still pisses me off.  I should have hit him.

Dell Guy ended up getting busted for weed and quickly died out.  Thank God.

2) Craigslist Killer

Nothing like resembling a murderer.  My loving coworkers in Louisville had a field day with this when the news came out and low resolution pictures like the one above started coming out.  Luckily this died out pretty quickly...  though I definitely wore a hoodie to the bar for Halloween and owned my resemblance...

3) Old Nick Carter

I don't even know who this goober is but Maryn sent me a note telling me that I was a poor woman's Nick Carter.  I don't know if I was more insulted for being compared to him or being a poor woman's version of him.

4) Daniel Craig
This is actually one that I am fine with.  Who doesn't want to be compared to James Bond?  This guy is only a billion times more awesome than me but I will take the comparison even if it is only from a distance...  at night...  in a downpour...


No comments:

Post a Comment