Friday, May 4, 2012

Gearing Up

As Joe Gibbs once said: "A winning effort begins with preparation."

With that in mind, I have started preparing the recovery from the surgery by making a list of/ordering the things I will need over the next couple months.  These are things that my grandparents don't even use but for the next few months, I think I am going to give my pride a little vacation.

Here are the things that will make me more handicapable:
       I like being relatively clean (I admit I like to go European on the weekends from time to time) and with my foot, I know it is going to be awkward showering.  Why not relax in comfort on your own shower throne!  I will finally be King of Shower Land! Not to mention, I think my Mom could use this in time as her knees and feet are bothering her.
      If I am going to shower, I got to keep my cast clean.  I would prefer not to look like the Zoolander Derelict fashion line with duct tape and trashbags so I opted to get something a little nicer.
      Laptop: Teacher, Mother, Secret Lover....  What better way to be stuck in bed or in chairs than with an awesome laptop stand so I can lounge like Jabba the Hut and play on the ol' laptop.  You don't even want to know how much time I spent looking at reviews on laptop stands until I picked this one.

Here are things that I am wondering if I really need:
1) Crutch covers - I can handle the crutches without these...  At least I am saying that now.  This site did have the worst splash page marketing video I have ever seen.
2) Knee Scooter - These things are expensive and I think I can motor around on crutches pretty well...  at least I am saying that now.

One more quote... from Vince Lombardi:

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender." 

No comments:

Post a Comment